- Our site uses WooCommerce functionality and we spend good money on website security to protect us from attacks and data breaches. The website is our livelihood and attack and theft is what we want to strenuously avoid. We collect your name, email address, address and order information during checkout. We use 3rd party payment processors (Paypal and Stripe) and we do not store any information about your credit cards.
- We add your name, email address and address details to our database if you tick the box during the checkout process to give us permission to do that. WooCommerce stores information about what you’ve ordered in our order records. We don’t pull data from the orders and analyse it.
- We don’t do anything with your data apart from what we say in Point 4. We don’t sell it, use it or analyse it.
- We use your name and email address to send email to you by Mailchimp which is a well-regarded piece of software that takes privacy and security very seriously. We use those emails to alert you to new dishes and seasonal offers/discount codes. We think you would like to know about new dishes and that you don’t want to hear from us very often.
If you have the time, please find below more detail.
Heathen Vegan Gourmet is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Heathen Vegan Gourmet may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information during the checkout process:
- Name and payment details
- Contact information including email address
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To process your order and obtain payment
- Internal record keeping such as printing out a copy of your order for the Kitchen
- We may use the information to improve our menu and delivery services such as reviewing sales of products and altering our menu in line with popular menu choices
- We may periodically send emails to you via Mailchimp about new dishes going onto the menu, special offers, seasonal offers, or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. We see it as priority to avoid annoying you whilst also thinking that you probably would like to know about new dishes going onto the menu… it’s a balancing act
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
In reality, as at time of writing (Sept. 2020), no statistical analysis is being done. We are simply cooking dishes that you order and delivering them to you. This is a simple local business and we are not terribly interested or good at analysing website traffic data. We’d rather do other things with our time.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest in due course. However, at present, there are no links to any other websites here.
However, in the future if there are links, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Data aggregation, analytics and profile creation
As at time of writing (Sept 2020), the technical knowledge and time needed to aggregate data and analyse your data or browsing behaviour, is not available at Heathen Vegan. No analysis is being done.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us by email.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.